Nadur Tower is situated 220metres above sea level at a place called Bingemma Gap. It is one of 5 towers commissioned by Grand Master Lascaris between 1637 and 1640. The tower is about 11 metres high and consists of 2 small rooms on the ground floor. Access to the roof was via a wooden ladder (today replaced by iron rungs stapled into the wall).
Inside Nadur Tower
Nadur Tower was one of several look-out posts built by the Knights of St John to survey the surrounding sea. Each tower was located in a strategic position to enable communication with other nearby towers. This tower is in a magnificent vantage point with unobstructed views of almost all the island.